Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days of Halloween-Day 7


Title:  A Vampires Curse
Author: Loopylou992
Rated M
Pairing Bella & Edward
Word count 3579
Picture prompt #7
Summary Bella is a vampire, living with the Cullen’s she had everything she ever wanted. So why is she so unhappy and what happens when she makes one little mistake that will change everything forever.
Disclaimer  I do not own any of these characters and no copyright infringement is intended


I am fed up of people always sticking their noses into my business, Edward his family, Sam, Jacob, I could go on but the list would be endless. Frustrated I take it out on a passing herd of Cariboo, hunting them down. I am aware that I’m not alone out here, I never am. They won’t let me hunt alone, they are afraid I think that I will kill someone else, but that was a slip. What was I supposed to do? I was a newborn then and not in control of my thirst. They took me out to hunt without any real thought for how I felt, I was crazed and thirsty. The poor hiker was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, I can still remember how good he tasted as him warm blood left his body and coated my throat.
That was the first and last time The Cullen’s let me out of any of their sight to hunt, they say it’s for my own safety, and that of anyone who may happen to be around but if I am honest, I feel like a prisoner in a gilded cage, I can have anything that I want, other than freedom and some space.
When James bit me in the dance studio in Phoenix, Edward hesitated for too long, he couldn’t bring himself to drink my blood, he had resisted it for so long despite the longing that he said that he felt for it. Because he waited, fighting with his own inner demon that gave the venom spread and he couldn’t suck the venom out of my blood, yeah he just wasn’t man enough. I snicker to myself at the thought.
He told me that he loved me, as I loved him but once I was undergoing the transformation process I could hear the conversations around me, they haunt me to this day. Edward didn’t want me to become one of them, I knew that, although I always held the hope that he would change his mind, eventually. I hadn’t expected the same reaction from the rest of his family though. I thought that they loved me, they accepted me as part of their family. Then when they thought that I couldn’t hear them, I discovered the truth. They were planning to leave before my ‘accident’, the whole scenario of Edward being in love with me was a pretense to stop me telling people what they really were after I stumbled across their secret. Their secret had to remain protected at all costs. Mine and Edward’s relationship bought them time so that they could make their plans and then leave without it looking suspicious. Quite what they had planned for me was a mystery, I think that they would have just mysteriously vanished one day, leaving me behind as if they never existed. I cannot dwell on that, decisions have been were made, and all this is out of my control now, there is no going back. I am now like them, a vampire.
I hear branches snap nearby as someone comes close to me, they know better than to approach me when I am feeding, I am possessive about my kills and will snap their arms off it they get too close. I pause smelling the air, of course it is Edward who is following me, it’s usually him He steps forward in a submissive posture and waits until I have fed. I leap on him, pinning him to the nearest tree, I growl at him.
“What the fuck do you want now, can a girl get no peace around here?”
“I’m… I’m sorry. Carlisle has called a meeting back at the house and you have to be there.” He mumbles.
“Oh great. Carlisle commands, and I must obey. Wonderful, I wanted to hunt.”
I release him and he falls to the ground, causing me to laugh, I remember the days when I was the weakling and he was strong and powerful. Not anymore, I still have newborn strength and power running through me, and I will use it if necessary. I race back towards the house leaving Edward behind.
I burst through the doors with more force than necessary, smashing it into the wall where it shatters and splinters into a thousand pieces. Esme looks at me with disdain on her face and I cannot resist.
“Whoops! Sorry didn’t mean to be so clumsy. Sometimes I forget my own strength.”
I follow this up with a sweet smile, and seems to have forgiven me. We take our seats around the large table and wait for Edward as he runs him behind me taking his seat next to me.
Carlisle clears his throat and begins to speak.
“I have called this meeting as Alice has had a vision that disturbed her greatly. She saw Bella’s future vanish completely. Despite frantic searching this has not come back.”
He pauses looking at us all. Whoopee, my future vanished, I roll my eyes, and then notice that I am being glared at by the rest of the family, so I immediately go on the defensive.
“What? C’mon it’s not like she is 100% accurate. I mean look at her prediction that you would get to me in time, and I would be human still.”
“That is a cheap shot Bella, even for you.” Alice hisses as Jasper puts his arm around her.
“Sorry, it’s true though. These things are never set in stone, things can change, it’s a bit like a weather forecast, not always accurate”
Glancing around the room I take in six horrified faces, I was only speaking the truth.
Carlisle tries to regain control as they all begin to speak at once, voicing their opinions at me. Eventually he stands raising his voice above those in the room.
“Please! Let me finish. As I was saying, Bella’s future vanished, but one the last images that Alice saw was… well… I don’t really know how to put this-”
I have had enough of games, and I demand,
“Spit it out Carlisle, then we can all get on with our lives, sorry should that be deaths?”
Rose shoots me a look that would have killed me had I already not been dead, and I feel a growl rise in my throat. Edward puts his hand on mine, and I pull it away like I have been scolded, he cannot even look at me. I know he has seen what Alice saw, his face says it all, he looks upset.
Carlisle continues, “As I was saying, this is a rather delicate subject. So forgive me if I appear hesitant. Bella, just before Alice saw your future vanish she saw you… you were… well… it was-“
Alice spoke again in a low voice, “Carlisle, it’s okay. I will tell them. Bella, you were with a woman, I don’t know who I saw was you and her and then I saw this picture flash before my eyes before you vanished.” Alice thrusts a hand drawn picture across the table towards me, it is of two women together, in some kind of passionate embrace. I drop it as if it is made of white hot metal.
“What! You think that I would… that me and… You think that I am going to… Christ Alice!”
I storm out of the room heading out into the garden, I cannot bear to be near any of them, but Alice decides to follow me outside, she puts her arms around me and I flinch.
“Bella, I would never lie to you, this is what I saw. I can only say what I have seen. You know I have to say when I see something that could affect the family. Just be careful, that is all I am saying.”
She leaves me and goes back inside.
Why are they doing this to me? Since my transformation I have grown ever more distant from the Cullen’s. I resent them for not saving me from this eternal damnation. I thought that I wanted to be one of them, but now that I have it, I wish with all my un beating heart and dead soul that I could give it back, that I could be around my friends once again, to go out in the sun. Even to sleep would be something. I miss the simple things, most of all I miss my family.
My father Charlie died of a heart attack when he heard that I had been seriously injured in a car accident whilst en route to visit Mom in Phoenix. We had rowed and I left, he blamed himself. What he didn’t know was the accident was the cover story for my transformation time following James biting me. I feel bad that he died blaming himself for something that never happened. That is another reason that I now hate the Cullen’s, but I have no choice but the stay with them in their care as my Mom is off travelling with her new husband Phil.
I stay outside, still and like stone until I feel his presence near me. Despite the fact that we will never be as we were, I still get that tingle across my skin when he is near me. I turn to face him, and for a split second I swear that I see some form of affection in his eyes, and then just as quickly it is extinguished. He walks over to me, taking up a position next to me and tells me,
“You were out of order back there Bella, Alice was only showing some concern for you. There was no need to be-”
I interrupt him, knowing that I can finish his sentence far better for him.
“A bitch? Yes Edward, we all know what a bitch I can be. You changed me into this and now you have to live with it. Please don’t ask me to be easy on Alice, she goes around making these wild claims about my future, yet she couldn’t see that my Dad would die of a broken heart because of your weakness.”

He looks taken aback at my bluntness, but I am growing tired of the games they play with each other. I have fed, it is safe for me to be alone for a while, as I leave I brush past him
I race through the forest knowing that I am alone, Edward knows better than to follow me when I am angry. I need to be left, to calm down. I have been running for miles now and I have no idea where I am other than it is not in Forks. The rain starts to fall heavily and I hate getting wet. Thunder rumbles and lightening streaks across the sky, then I see a log cabin ahead of me, I head across to it, I can sense someone is inside, but they are asleep. I just need to shelter from the rain so I make my over, planning to stay on the porch until the storm passes. As I make my way onto the porch the smell that permeates the air makes my throat burn like never before, and before I know it I am inside, making my way towards the source of the deliciously spellbinding scent.
Lying there in the bed is a woman and she is alone, venom rises in my throat, and I am powerless to stop myself from moving forward. I stand next to the bed looking at her sleeping form, jealousy runs through me as I wish I could sleep. The monster inside me stirs, and I know that it wants feeding. She smells amazing, and I am powerless to resist. I climb onto the bed straddling my prey, and yet she had not stirred from her slumber. I gently move her hair away from her neck and I see the jugular vein throbbing away as it pumps blood around her body. Delicious, warm blood, she stirs and opens her eyes, fear passes through them as she realizes that she is not alone, although she is not sure who or what I am, as she moves to sit upright in bed, I strike.
I push her backwards onto the bed with a little more force than I intended. Before I know what I am doing I am pinning her to the bed. The monster is now fully awake and straining to be released. I hear my mobile phone ring and I ignore it.
I cannot control the feelings within me, I have never ever felt such passion in my life, combined with a burn in my throat which I do recognize, bloodlust. Try as I might I cannot ignore that, I pin her hands above her head holding her firmly in place, She screams, not that there is anyone around here to help her. The monster takes over and I bite her soft neck piercing the soft supple skin.
Her blood flows into my mouth and down my throat, it tastes divine, and despite her screams I continue to drink from her, enjoying the taste as my thirst is quenched. Then I am aware that the door has been broken down and I am confronted by Carlisle, Edward, Jasper and Emmett. I take up a defensive crouch over my prey, she is mine, they will not take her from me.
Before I can realize what is happening Emmett has hold of me and I begin to thrash in his arms, he is mine and mine alone, they cannot have her I will not allow it.
Carlisle turns to Emmett, Take her back to the house. Now! I will deal with this when I return home. Do not let her out of your sight.”
Emmett just nods in response and carries me out of the room. I can see Carlisle treating the woman as I am removed. Once outside I begin to feel weak and dizzy and begin slipping in and out of consciousness.
Emmett lays me on the ground, and Edward shouts to Carlisle to come and help. This reminds me of the time James attacked me for some strange reason. I then realize that we have been joined by someone else, I recognize the voice as being Sam Ulley from La Push, he was one of Jakes friends. They don’t talk to me anymore, it’s like I have been outcast by them as they can sense what I am. I hear Carlisle speak to Sam.
“Sam, I am so sorry, we tried to get here in time to stop her, but I think it’s too late. What’s happening to Bella? There is obviously something wrong with her, and she has only drunk from… I don’t know who that is inside, I’m sorry Sam, please you have to tell me!”
As I begin to fade out the last sound I hear is Sam’s laughter ringing in my ears, and the last memory that I have is seeing her body on the bed, blood flowing from her neck and on the wall there is a poster which looks familiar, of two women locked in a passionate embrace. I mutter one final word.
“Alice.”
When I awake I feel strange, my limbs heavy and I cannot focus my eyes on anything. I hear a strange beeping noise which suddenly gets faster and faster as I struggle to open my eyes. I try to sit upright as panic rips through me, but I am held firmly in place by Edward. I struggle against him but I cannot break his hold. I look into his eyes, and see a sorrow there,
“Edward?”
I gasp. He looks away from me as he shouts.
“Carlisle! She is awake”
Carlisle bursts into the room and quickly assesses the situation.
“Edward, let her go, you are frightening her.”
He releases his hold and I try to get up, only to realize I am restrained, I fight against them, but even with my enhanced strength I cannot break free.
“Carlisle, what is happening here?”
He walks over to me, sitting on the edge of the bed and that damn beeping noise getting faster and faster in response. Edward looks away, agony written all over his face. Carlisle puts his hand on mine and speaks.
“Bella, there is no easy way to say this. You attacked a woman in the woods.”
He pauses letting his words sink in. No, he has to be lying to me, I wouldn’t.
“You… you bit her, nearly draining her fully. We managed to get there in time to stop you killing her, but…”
He pauses and I take my chance.
“No! Your lying to me, I wouldn’t… I couldn’t hurt anyone, not again. No!”
I try to sit up again and free myself but Carlisle is too quick and before I know it I am starting to relax, then I see the syringe in his hand. I have to know more but I ask,
“What is that beeping?”
Carlisle and Edward exchange glances, what are they hiding from me. They said that the woman is alive so I don’t understand.
Edward takes a breath and speaks in a low voice, almost a whisper.
“Bella, you are attached to various monitors, the beeping you can hear is, well, it’s your heart beating.”
I stare at them both, looking for any hint of deceit but find none.
“My… heart? But that stopped when I-”
“Transformed Bella. There is so much that we need to know, but yes your heart is now beating again, and from what Carlisle can tell, you are now human again.” Edward whispers, a pained look crossing his face.
“What? I’m what!” I scream.
Carlisle tries to calm me, and talks to me to explain.
“Bella, I have spoken to Sam about this. I’m afraid that what Edward says is true. The woman you drank from in the woods is a member of their tribe. As you know the Quileute’s are our sworn enemies. Is part of their legend that we did not know about. Their blood is dangerous to our kind, as ours is to theirs. The elders wrote of this happening once before, but the legend was so old Sam had to research it. Wolf blood if ingested by a vampire reverses the transformation. I wish that I could tell you more. But I have checked and you are, well, human again.”
I stare at him open mouthed, amazed by what I am hearing, the words are not really making any sense to me. I gaze around the room and notice that yes, I am linked up to a monitor for my heart and it does appear to be beating. I yank the leads off me, not trusting them to be doing this as some kind of trick, the machine stops beeping. Edward simply smiles at me, sensing my confusion. He puts the pads onto his own chest to make a point as the monitor does not react to him. He smiles at me, gently stroking the side of my face with his hand, I pull away as if I have been burned. He looks hurt but I don’t care, I am focusing on myself here.
I close my eyes, fighting back tears that I have been wanting to cry since my transformation. It is nice to be able to cry again, now all I want is to be alone.
They take the hint and leave me alone. I cry, sobs wracking my chest, until I am empty. Then I realize I am empty, and alone, no-one will want me now. I have pushed the Cullen’s away with my anger, my father is dead and my mother no longer cares.
How long I lay there I don’t know, but I rise with a sense of purpose and I know that I have to act, and act fast. I leap out of the bed and dress quickly, I grab the keys to Alice’s Porsche, I need speed. I arrive down at La Push and burst into Sam’s cabin to find that the woman I attacked is there, she is motionless in her bed, she looks pale and lifeless. There is a massive wound on her neck, I feel sick looking at her, knowing that I had caused this. Turning to leave I bump straight into Sam. He glares at me, grabbing my wrist he drags me outside pushing me to the ground.
“You are not welcome here. Now leave and don’t come back. Ever!”
Sam is angry, he begins to shake again, and then I realize he is about to transform. I need to leave, quickly. I fly to the car and speed away from La Push. No-one wants me, I am nothing. I pull up at the cliff top where I had seen the men cliff diving, and I know that this is what I need to do. The Cullen’s will not follow me here they are not allowed.
I step out of the car and walk towards the cliff edge, nerves nearly overcome me, but I have to be strong. I know that Alice will see this, and that it is too late for her to do anything about it. Their grief will fade, they will forget me, they do not want me in their lives.
Taking a deep breath, I jump into the darkness and I am consumed by it.

Authors Note:
This is my first one shot and thanks to the guys at Twilight Fanfic Advocacy for asking me to contribute!  Thanks to my beta Cosmom, and my pre-readers Mamasutra &
Ffaddward You ladies ROCK! I am considering extending this beyond a one shot to a few more chapters so watch out!



No comments:

Post a Comment