Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 Days of Halloween- Day 20



31 Days of Halloween
Title: Don't Forget Me by butterflybetty
Rated: MA/NC-17
Pairing: Bella
Word count: 1549
Picture prompt # 20
Summary: One moment was all it took to tear them apart. Now, in a single heartbeat, they'll find their way back together one last time.
Disclaimer: Twilight is the sole property of S. Meyer.
Moving through the piercing darkness, I looked back to make sure I hadn't been followed. I wasn't allowed to be here, not anymore, but I couldn't stay away. I needed to see you, make sure you were okay, even if that meant facing the harsh consequences later. You were worth everything.
Hitting the edge of the trees, I closed my eyes and listened to the night. The only sounds were too soft for most to pick up. A quarter mile up the trail, a small brook trickled over the pebbled rocks. A handful of deer ran through it, disrupting the smooth flow. A wolf howled, before heading north, his pack following him in search of their prey. All seemed perfectly normal, yet extraordinary, too.
With a shake of my head, I tightened my dark overcoat around my body and sprinted off to the small, rock cottage. Our home. Well, I suppose it's your home now. Letting myself in, I stopped in the living room and looked around. Bringing my hand to my chest, I struggled to contain the cry vibrating inside my chest. Everything looked the same. Yet, I knew everything had changed.
Clutching the panels of my coat together, I padded quietly into the bedroom, pushing the door behind me. Releasing the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding, I turned to find you lying in bed. The cranberry sheet we'd bought so months ago barely covered your lower body. Crossing the room, I knelt down next to the solid oak sleigh bed. My hand twitched at my side, begging for me to reach out and take yours into mine. I didn't. I was already too close.
"Bella," you murmured, rolling from your back and onto your side. Reaching up, you pulled a pillow against your chest, burying your face in it. "Miss…you."
Closing my eyes, I wept silently. I missed you, too. I'd never expected for my life to end like this, with me crouching at your bedside, stealing what few moments I could from you. We'd made plans. Our nights were supposed to be spent clinging onto each other, our days filled with laughter and joy. We were going to travel across Europe, being the ultimate tourist. But instead, you grieved into your pillow, while I sat helplessly at your side. One moment had been all it took for everything to end. One terrible, painful moment.
I didn't remember much; a pair of bright lights, loud crunching of metal around me, cold rain dripping through my hair. People screamed and sirens blared around me, but I couldn't see them. Just as quickly as it started, it stopped. The lights faded, the noise went away, the rain stopped. In less than a heartbeat, I was dragged away from my life, my soul, my everything. I was pulled away from you.
With a shudder, I reached out, stroking your cheek. Your skin tingled beneath my fingers. You shivered, but leaned further into my hand. Before I could stop myself, I shrugged off the dark overcoat I wore and climbed in the bed next to you, tossing the pillow away.
"Oh, Bella," you cried, pressing your body against mine. "Come back to me!"
"I'm here," I whispered, stroking your cheek. If I tried hard enough, I could remember how your skin felt against mine, your warm breath ghosting across my sensitive flesh. I remembered the first time you touched me, how tender you were with me.
"Too far away," you mumbled each word thick with sleep.
Rolling with me in your arms, my body covered yours like a blanket, my legs automatically finding their way to the sides of yours. The soft, ivory dress I wore slid up my thighs, bunching at my waist. Your eyes fluttered open, a breathtaking smile spreading. God, how I've missed your smile.
"You're here," you murmured, moving your hands up my legs. "You've been gone too long."
"I know, baby," I cooed, trying to sooth you. You'd forget this moment in the morning. The powers that be would make sure of it. It wouldn't matter how much I wanted you to know that I'm always here with you, they wouldn't allow it.
"Where have you been?" Closing my eyes, I struggled not to blurt out the truth. Just one more secret I'd been forced to keep from him. He couldn't know about the afterlife, not yet anyway.
"Here," I lied. "Always here."
"No, if you were here, it wouldn't hurt so much," you argued, sitting up. Sliding your arms around my body, you nestled yourself against me. Exhaling, I felt your heartbeat racing against your chest.
"I'm sorry," I whispered, threading my fingers through your hair. I wanted to tell you everything, but I couldn't. You'd never understand why I had to leave. I didn't understand it, either.
Your hand drifted lower, slipping under my dress. Closing my eyes, I gave myself over to you, letting you remove my dress. I shook my head, allowing my dark, mahogany hair to fall around my shoulders. Moving your eyes over my naked form, you sighed. "You're so beautiful," you moaned, lips pressing against my collarbone.
Remembering the first time you told me you thought I was beautiful, I smiled. Felt like a lifetime ago that we found ourselves staring at each other across a crowded room. Even in that short, meaningless moment, our fate had been set. Ghosting my thumb over your cheek, I fought the tears burning the corners of my eyes.
"You're shaking," you whispered, kissing the corner of my mouth.
"I need you," I breathed, knowing I was selfish for needing you.
Without a word, you flipped us over, wedging yourself between my legs. Capturing my lips, you slipped your hand down my side, grazing the curves of my breasts. Shivering from your touch, I tightened my grip on your hair, begging you with my body to hold me tighter.
Tearing your mouth from mine, your lips traveled down my neck, finding purchase on every inch of skin you could find. Slowly making your way down my chest, you found my nipple. Crying out, I arched into your touch, needing more. Always needing more of you.
Your manhood pressed against me through the thin layer of cotton that separated us. Releasing your hair, I slide my hand down your ample chest, finding my way inside your grey boxer briefs. Wrapping my fingers around you, you moaned, letting go of my nipple.
"Oh, baby," you groaned, pressing your face into the side of my neck.
"Take me," I urged, sliding your boxers down over your hips. "Show me I'm yours again. Make me yours forever!"
Leaning back just far enough to look me in the eyes, you smiled. "You are mine," you insisted. "Even if only in my dreams, baby, you're mine. You always have been, always will be."
A strangled sob slipped out of my mouth, only to be turned into a throaty moan when you filled me with one quick thrust. Slipping your arm under my back and lifting my hips off the bed, you set a steady pace. The sound of our heavy breathing and bodies moving together filled the room, reverberating through the night air.
Leaning back on your heels, you lifted me up, sliding deeper into me. Wrapping my arms and legs around you, I held to you, desperate to stay with you. Trailing your fingers up my spine, you gripped my shoulder with one hand, while the other drifted down to my ass. Digging your nails into my flesh, you increased your pace. I wanted to beg you to slow down, to make sweet love to me. But at the same time, I wanted you to move frantically, to take me hard and fast.
Removing your hand from my bottom, you grabbed onto the headboard, shuddering as your release overcame you. "Oh, baby," you grunted, stilling your hips against mine. "Fuck!"
Unable to hold on any longer, I fell over the edge with you. Clinging onto you, I cried, "Don't forget me. Please, don't forget me!"
"Never," you promise, pulling me to lay in the bed with you. Curling your body around mine, you drifted back to sleep. When morning came, our night together would be a clouded memory for you, laying somewhere between the realm of possibility and reality.
Sliding to the side of the bed, I pulled my dress back on and grabbed my coat. Turning to face you, I leaned down and kissed your soft lips. "I love you, Edward," I whispered. "I'll always love you."
Leaving you laying with the sheet slung across your hips, I slipped out of our cottage, hurrying into the woods. Discarding the overcoat, I took one last look at the home we'd once shared. This would be the last time I'd be able to come back to see you. Tears seared my eyes, but I'd made my choices, and now, I'd have to live with them
Feeling my heart break, I turned my eyes toward the sky, a loud swoosh echoing through the trees. Fluttering behind me, my white wings lifted me off the ground, taking me into the heavens where I'd spend my days watching over my husband, and my nights searching for those who were lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment