Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Halloween- Day 11

31 Days of Halloween
Title: The Case of the Dead Ex by Tufano79
Rated: M
Pairing: Bella and Edward
Word count: 4,222
Picture prompt #: 11
Summary: Bella and Edward are recently married. But Edward’s dead fiancée doesn’t like his new bride. She wreaks havoc one night as they are trying to enjoy their new home. Will Bella stay with her new husband or the dead ex-fiancée ruin her happily ever after?
Disclaimer: I publicly recognize that these characters are not mine and never will be (poo!). But I like to make them talk dirty, have sex and play with them like two dimensional Barbie dolls. 


The Case of the Dead Ex
“If I never move again, it’ll be a miracle,” I grumbled as I sat down next to my husband, Edward. “Why did we move?”
“To get out of that shithole apartment, love,” he snickered. “Plus get closer to hospital for me, closer for work for you. The two and half hour commute sucks, baby.”
“Oh, right,” I sighed. I curled up next to him, putting my head on his muscled shoulder.
 Edward was an ER doctor and he had the weekend off after working for an entire week without a break. Okay, technically, he had a break but it was a few hours. He was on-call for two days this week plus his regular shifts. He couldn’t leave the hospital while he was on call.
We were in the process of packing up our belongings and moving into home closer to his hospital and my school.  Suffice it to say, I was stuck moving the entire apartment by myself with the help of my older brothers, Emmett and Jasper, plus the movers themselves. Edward tried to get the time off but he’s a second year resident and he’s the low man on the totem pole, attendings get first dibs on days off.  PLUS he just had two weeks off because of our honeymoon to Italy. Besides, he’s hoping that if he kisses enough ass, he can become chief resident when he hits his fourth year of residency. With all of the ass he’s kissed, Edward’s well on his way.
Ah, my sexy, hot doc. Dr. Edward Cullen.
Anyhow, Edward and I, Bella Cullen, have been married for a few months. We had a quiet backyard wedding with close friends and family in mid August. Our families were surprised we got hitched. We’d only been dating for six months when Edward proposed and we got married on our one year anniversary. Edward’s sister, Alice, who happens to be dating my brother, Jasper, knew we were destined to be together.
We met at a party, celebrating my recent graduation from University of Illinois with a master’s  in education. I was going to be a high school English teacher. I had a job lined up and this was my last hoorah before I started new teacher orientation in an upscale Chicago suburb. Alice invited her brother, Edward to the party, who was just getting back into the dating scene. When I asked why, she said that Edward would have to tell me.
We hit it off. Love at first sight. It hit both of us like a ton of bricks. On our first date, I asked Edward why he was still single. His bright green eyes dimmed and he frowned deeply. He explained that his fiancée was murdered in a mugging gone wrong. She was shot gangland style on the streets of Chicago, walking back to their shared condo. Everything she had was stolen: her watch, her purse, her $20,000 engagement ring. She was identified through dental records because there was nothing left of her face. That happened nearly four years ago and Edward finally felt like it was time for him to move on from Irina’s death.
When he told me that, I was flummoxed. He was barely twenty-six and he’d lost his fiancée and in such a brutal way. However, he said that when he touched me and was with me that his heart was healed. I think that was the reasoning behind our whirlwind romance. Irina wanted a long engagement so Edward could get through medical school before they got married. Once my engagement ring was on my finger, Edward was in full-on planning mode with his sister. The fact that we pulled together a wedding so quickly was surprising. But Edward and Alice were consummate planners.
Thank goodness for that because I’m not.
“I can’t believe how much you got done without me, Bella,” Edward said as he pulled me over his lap. He was still wearing his scrubs and his glasses. His bronze hair was sticking up every which way, giving him sex hair. “I’m so glad that I’m off for the next three days so we can finally christen this place. Properly.”
“Yeah, the blow job you got when we put in the offer for the house does not count,” I giggled. “Will I be walking funny when I go to school on Monday?”
“Oh yeah, Mrs. Cullen,” he cooed as he nibbled my neck. I moaned and melted against my husband’s chest. “Fuck, Bella, you feel so good. We are not leaving our bedroom all fucking weekend. It’s been too long since I’ve made love to my wife.”
“Ungh, Edward,” I moaned as I swiveled my hips. I tangled my hands into his hair and pressed my lips against his. Edward’s hands moved down my sides until they rested on my ass, pulling me flush to his growing erection. His mouth moved down my neck and I arched my back into his touch. I opened my eyes and in the corner of the living room, I saw a shadow. I sat up abruptly, staring at the corner.
“Bella?” Edward asked as he looked up at me.
“I saw something,” I whispered.
“It was probably the wind, love,” he said as he cupped my face, forcing me to look at his handsome face. God, he looks like a fucking model, not a doctor. “I need you, baby.”
I smirked and kissed his soft pouty lips with fervor. Soon our clothes were in a pile next to the couch. Edward was sliding into my heat. “So wet, Mrs. Cullen,” he cooed as he thrust into my body. “It’s too god damned long.”
“Tell me about it. I’ve had to use BOB more times than I care to,” I moaned.
“Shame that a piece of plastic is getting more action than me,” he snickered. “But, do you like BOB or me?”
“Fuck, Edward. I love you,” I said as I pulled him to my face. Never breaking his pace, he kissed my lips hungrily. His hands gently kneaded my breasts and toyed with my nipples. He sat down and I slid down his rock hard cock, riding him roughly. My hands were tangled in his bronze hair. Our lips were moving together. I felt a sharp pain on my back. “Shit, baby. I love it hard.”
“I aim to please,” he smirked as he snaked his hand between us. He rubbed my clit with his thumb, grazing our connection. “God, Bella. You are so tight. You were fucking made for me.”
I felt another sharp feeling on my back. I let out a scream and clamped down on his cock. With a guttural roar, Edward spilled into my pussy. I collapsed against him, breathing heavily. His lips moved languidly along my neck. “I love you, Mrs. Cullen.”
“I love you, Dr. Cullen” I breathed against his chiseled jaw. I slid off his lap and went to retrieve our clothes. Edward gasped quietly. “What?”
“What did you do to your back?” Edward asked as he sat me down on the couch. “You’re all scratched up.”
“Didn’t you do that?” I asked.
“I never touched your back, love,” he said. “Some of these may need stitches.”
“Good thing I know a doctor,” I laughed. Edward pursed his lips. We got dressed and went up to the bathroom on the second floor. Edward disinfected my cuts and stitched up the ones that were deep. He was curious if I fell or something. I said that I didn’t. I honestly thought that he did them while we were making love on the couch. I put on one of his University of Chicago t-shirts and a pair of yoga pants. We ordered some Chinese as our kitchen was still a mess. Once our dinner was done, we spent the evening unpacking the kitchen so I could cook us a meal in our first home together.
We went to bed early, making love slowly in our bed and reconnecting after a week of being separated. As Edward thrust into me, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. An ethereal light filled the room and a ghostly chuckle filled my ears. He may be fucking you, but he’s mine, bitch.
I clamped my eyes shut at the voice in my head. Edward came and kissed me softly until he fell asleep. I couldn’t sleep. At. All. Someone was fucking with me. I slipped out of the bed and padded to the office. I woke up our computer and looked up information about our home. It was older. Perhaps it was haunted.
No luck.
Crap.
As I surfed the internet, I decided to look up information about Edward’s dead fiancée. He was always so cryptic about her. I typed in her name into the search bar.
Irina Denali.
A ton of articles came up about her death and her funeral. She was a daughter of a prominent politician. Her death had shaken her family to the core; so much that the Denali’s left Chicago and moved to Alaska after Irina’s funeral. As I was reading about Irina, I felt a cold chill shiver down my spine. He’s mine. Will always be mine.
“No, he’s not,” I said out loud. “Leave me alone.”
A loud bang resonated through the office. Several books fell out of their bookshelf. I jumped at the sound and went to pick them up. “He’s not yours.” I slammed the books back into the shelf and shut off the computer.
I went downstairs and made myself some hot milk. I took a tranquilizer and sipped my drink. With a heavy sigh, I went back upstairs. Crawling in between the sheets, I curled up next to my husband and fell into a fitful sleep.
xx TCOTDX xx
“Bella, I cannot be with you anymore,” Edward said coldly.
“Edward! No,” I wailed. “Why? We were so happy. We love each other.”
“You were only a temporary fix. I cannot live without my Irina. She was my life. Part of me died when she did,” Edward said. “If I can’t be with her on this earth, then I’ll join her in heaven.”
He took out a large, black gun. He held it reverently and placed it inside his mouth.
“Edward! NO! Don’t do this,” I screamed. A gunshot filled my ears and Edward slumped on the ground. His beautiful bronze hair was quickly turning red from the blood spilling from the hole in the back of his head. His green eyes were fixed on nothing, staring at nothing. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
“NOoooooooooooooo!” I screamed.
“Bella!” Edward soothed as he held me to his chest. “Wake up, love. Please!”
My eyes fluttered open and I was in Edward’s arms. I looked up at him, touching his face. I needed to make sure that he was okay. That he was alive. “Edward?”
“What happened, Bella? You were thrashing about, whimpering my name,” Edward said with a frown.
“Worst nightmare. Ever,” I moaned, pushing my nose against his hard chest. I inhaled his scent. It was clean, fresh and something that was inherently Edward. “You told me that you didn’t want to be with me anymore. You needed to be with Irina.”
“Bella, Irina is dead,” Edward frowned.
“I know. You killed yourself in my nightmare,” I pouted.
“Bella, Irina is in my past. You are my future. You are my wife,” Edward said fervently. “I love you. With all of my heart, my sweet girl.”
“I love you, too, Edward,” I murmured. He pulled me to his chest and held me. I finally calmed down. We got up and made some breakfast. Edward made the best Belgium waffles. It was a treat that he made them this morning. We ate quietly and decided to run to Home Depot to get some paint for the living room. The living room was a fugly burnt orange color. We had already decided on keeping it a dark color but went with a blood red. We got the paint and drove back to our house. We moved our furniture in the center of the room and began taping the walls.
Edward got on the ladder and began painting the walls. I sat on the floor and worked below him. Edward was cursing a blue streak. “Edward, are you okay up there?”
“I keep getting the ceiling,” he grumbled.
“Want to switch?” I asked.
“Yeah,” he said. He crawled down the ladder and I took his spot. We worked, listening to music for the rest of the afternoon. “I’m going to get some water, sweet girl. You want some?”
“Yes, please,” I said with a smile. He smacked my ass and went into the kitchen. Again, I felt a shiver go through my body. I looked around the room. There was nothing. I shrugged it off and continued painting. I felt a sharp tug of my long brown ponytail. I gripped the ladder, ready to smack Edward if he was the one tugging. No one was there.
What the fuck, man?
Another sharp tug came to my hair and lost my footing. I fell off the ladder and soundly on my back. I let out a pathetic whimper. “Bella?” Edward called. He saw the overturned ladder and raced over to me. “Baby? Are you okay?”
“No,” I wailed. Edward’s doctor mode switched on and he assessed me. I wiggled all of my extremities. Happy that my back wasn’t broken, Edward had me sit up. He felt around my head. He hit a tender spot and I groaned.
“Bella, what happened?”
“I felt something tug on my hair and I fell,” I pouted.
“How many fingers am I holding up?” Edward asked. I answered the question. But my head was pounding and I was covered in red paint. Everywhere. On my clothes, in my hair, on my face, on our new couch. Fuck. “Bella, you have a mild concussion. You’re done for today. I’ll finish working on this wall and then I’ll make some dinner. Go soak in the bathtub.”
“What about the stitches?” I asked.
“You’ll be fine,” he said as he helped me up. With a frown, he pulled my shirt from my body, smearing red paint on my face. “Sorry, baby. This shirt is now garbage. I’ll take your bra, too.” He waggled his brows over his glasses.
 I rolled my eyes. “Perv.”
“I know,” he smirked. “Go relax. I’ll join you in a little bit.”
“Okay,” I said as I dragged my aching body up the stairs. I filled the bathtub with searing hot water. I hosed off in the shower first before I got in the tub. Easing into the water, I sighed as I lay back in the bubbles. You’re playing with fire, skank. Edward is mine. He’ll always be mine. I snapped my eyes open and sitting in the tub with me was a bloodied Irina, wearing a wedding gown and veil.
“If you don’t leave him, you’ll die,” Irina snarled at me. “Do you know how to swim, Isabella?”
“Leave me alone,” I whispered. “You’re dead. You’re not real.”
“I assure you. I’m real,” Irina sneered. She moved across the water and shoved my head under the bubbles. I thrashed about as she held me under. The water sloshed out of the tub and onto the floor. I scratched and pushed at Irina’s hands. Instantly, the pressure that was keeping me under the water was released and I popped out of the sudsy water. I was breathing heavily. I looked around. I didn’t see Irina, thankfully.
I scrambled out of the tub and dried my body and the floor. This is some freaky shit. What the hell? I dressed in a pair of Edward’s scrub pants and a hoodie. I padded downstairs, finding my hubby cooking dinner in the kitchen. I plopped down on the counter next to the stove.
“We need to call the Ghostbusters,” I said seriously.
“Okay, I’ll bite. Why?” he asked.
“I think your dead fiancée is haunting me,” I said as I nibbled on my fingernail.
“Bella, you’re imagining things,” he said as he caressed my cheek with his finger. “Irina is not haunting you. If anybody, she’d haunt me. I was engaged to her.”
“How long were you together?” I blurted out.
“I’ve told you, Bella. We started dating when we were freshman in college. I proposed on the eve of our college graduation. She was killed a year later when I was in class,” Edward sighed. “She wanted ice cream and was mugged when she was walking back to our apartment.”
“Okay, if she’s NOT haunting me, why do I have these scratches on my back? Why did I fall of the fucking ladder? And WHY did I almost drown in the god damned bathtub?” I shrieked.
“Back up, sweet girl,” he said. “You said that you thought that I scratched your back while we were making love yesterday.”
“But you wouldn’t have scratched so hard that I needed fucking stitches,” I said, arching a brow.
“No. I keep my nails pretty damn short because of all the doctoring I do,” he replied. “In regards to the ladder, you’re pretty clumsy, Bella.”
“I know I’m clumsy,” I spat. “But, not THAT clumsy. I haven’t had to visit you in the hospital to fix me up in two whole months. That’s a record for me.”
“It is. I think you’re making up for it while I’m home,” he said with a sardonic grin. “Regarding the bathtub, I got nothing.”
“I’m losing my damn mind, Edward,” I said as I hopped off the counter.
“You’ve had to move our entire lives out of our apartment and into this home by yourself. You’re tired, overtired, almost. You have an active imagination to begin with. Couple it with exhaustion and you get delusions of my dead fiancée coming to get you. I’ll speak with her ghost and beg her to leave you alone.”
“Thanks, Cullen,” I said flatly. “I appreciate your concern.” I went to sit in the family room. Edward pulled me to his chest, kissing my neck. “I’m mad at you. You’re pretending that my imagination is running away with me and telling me that this is all in my head.  It isn’t, Edward! These scratches and the goose egg on my head is proof of that!”
“Bella, I’m sorry,” he said. “It is a little ridiculous, though. You know?”
“I suppose it is, but I’m still freaking out,” I murmured, turning in his arms. “Hold me?”
“Always, love,” he said as he pulled me to his chest. We swayed back and forth for an immeasurable amount of time as I tried, in vain, to calm down. “Okay, beautiful. I need to finish our dinner. Sit down. Have a glass of wine. Watch some television.”
“Is that your prescription for me losing my mind?” I quipped.
“Yes. Do you want me to write it down on my prescription pad?” he snickered.
“Nah. Love you, stud.”
“Love you, too, klutz,” he laughed. I smacked his ass and went in the family room. I turned on the television and zoned out watching some random movie about vampires that sparkle. The leading man was fucking hot and looked a lot like my hubby. Edward sat down next to me, carrying a tray filled with dinner. We ate quietly, laughing at the sheer idiocy of the movie that I was watching. By the end of the movie, Edward was scowling at me because I was constantly comparing him to the actor on the screen.
I had to do dishes for that. I hate doing the fucking dishes. Damn it.
We went upstairs after I did the dishes and took out the garbage. I went to my jewelry box to grab my wedding set that I had taken off to paint. Inside the jewelry box there was another large diamond ring. “Edward?”
“Yeah?” he retorted from the bathroom as he was brushing his teeth.
“Did you go jewelry shopping again?” I snickered.
“Bella, I know how you hate when I spend money on you. I wanted to give you the biggest diamond engagement ring but you refused to wear it. So, I had to downsize your bling,” he laughed.
“Have you upgraded it?” I asked as I held up the ring that was in my jewelry box.
 He paled and walked toward me. Edward held out his hand. I placed the ring into his palm. He started shaking violently. “Where did you get this?” he asked quietly.
“It was in my jewelry box,” I answered.
“This was Irina’s ring,” he said, almost inaudibly. “It was never found. We assumed it was stolen with her purse and everything else. Is there something that you’re not telling me?”
“What? NO!” I shrieked. “Edward, I’ve never seen this ring before. If you are insinuating that…”
“No, I’m not. It’s just…fuck,” Edward said as he slumped to the floor. He’s finally seeing you for what you really are. A husband stealer. Edward and I were meant to be. HE’S MINE! “Did you hear something?”
“In my head,” I whimpered. “I really am losing my damn mind.”
Edward hand was in a fist around the engagement ring that was in my jewelry box. His eyes grew sad. “It’s not real, Bella. We’re imagining it.” He opened his hand and it was empty. “See?”
“You were holding a ring,” I said, grasping his arm.
“No, I wasn’t,” he said. “I think you hit your head harder than I anticipated. You need to get some rest. Come on, love.” He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to our bed. I allowed myself to be tucked in. Edward curled around me and held me to his chest. Almost restraining me. My eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep.
And it sure wasn’t restful.
My nightmares came back full force. Edward successfully committed suicide with each nightmare, joining his dead fiancée. Each time, Edward held me as I sobbed against his chest. This was getting ridiculous. If I ever see Irina again, we’re having a heart to heart. Edward is mine, wench. He MARRIED me. Not you.
That’s because I was killed before he could marry me, bitch.
I clawed away from Edward and stared at him with wild eyes. “Leave me alone, Irina,” I snarled.
“Bella, Irina’s dead,” Edward said.
“Then why is she staring at me from our bathroom?” I asked. In a wedding gown, a bloodied Irina was staring at me with a smirk. She sauntered over to Edward and kissed his neck. He shivered. “Don’t touch him, bitch.”
“Why not? I had him first,” Irina smiled evilly. Her pale tongue traced along Edward’s ear. He moaned and leaned into her touch. It was disgusting seeing this. “I’ll get him last, sweetheart.”
“No!”
Irina bit her lip and her hand reached INTO Edward’s chest. He gasped as she removed his beating heart from his chest. He finally saw her before he fell to the floor. “I’ll always have his heart, Isabella. You can have his rotting corpse.” Irina bent down and kissed Edward’s now cold lips before she left our bedroom, carrying his heart in her hand.
“Edward,” I wailed as I knelt next to him. His eyes were glazed over and he was no longer breathing. “No, baby. I need you. I love you, Edward. Come back to me. PLEASE!!!!”
xx TCOTDX xx
“Mrs. Cullen?”
“Yes?” I answered as I blinked awake.
“You were snoring,” my student laughed. “and screaming. You were crying for your husband.”
“I’m sorry, Tyler,” I said as I looked around. I was in classroom. My hand was on my swollen belly, filled with my baby. Edward’s baby. “I’ve had some really weird dreams lately.”
“What was it about?” Tyler asked.
“Edward’s dead fiancée came back from the dead and wouldn’t stop at anything to get him back,” I said as I frowned. “Excuse me, Tyler. I have a phone call to make. Thank you for waking me.”
“Of course, Mrs. Cullen,” Tyler smiled. “Hopefully once junior’s born, you’ll have some normal dreams.”
“Yeah,” I snickered. I searched for my cell phone and dialed Edward’s cell.
“Dr. Cullen,” he said brusquely.
“Edward?” I breathed.
“Yeah, baby. I’m here,” he said quietly. “Another dream?”
“Yep. A particularly realistic and SCARY one,” I said.
“Tell me about it, my beautiful wife.”
“We had just moved into the house and your dead fiancée wouldn’t stop harassing me. She eventually took your beating heart from your chest, leaving me with your corpse,” I said, tears falling down my cheeks.
“It was just a dream, Bella. You were my only fiancée. My only wife. I’ll be so happy once our baby is born. These dreams are making me nuts,” he laughed. “It was just a dream. Only a dream. I’m alive. My heart is still in my chest and I have no dead fiancées pining for me.”
“Good,” I said. “I love you, Dr. Cullen.”
“I love you, Mrs. Cullen. I’ll see you when I get home.”
I ended the call and leaned back in my chair.
It was just a dream. Not real. A dream. Edward was mine and it was just a dream.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment