Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Days of Halloween- Day 27


31 Days of Halloween
Author: CallieWoahNoah
Title: These Laughing Faces
Rated: M
Pairing: Edward and Bella
Word count: 6,126
Picture prompt: #27
Summary: Bella had never been afraid of clowns, but unexpected circumstances may just change that. Will her cocky neighbour help to solve the mystery or will he continue to torment her?
Disclaimer: The Twilight saga and all recognisable characters are the property of SM.
My alarm beeped insistently at me, calling stubbornly for my attention and despite my attempts, I couldn't ignore it. I crawled across my bed, my body flat against the mattress. I felt like one of those army people, but far more sluggish. Every movement seemed like too much and at ridiculous o'clock in the morning, anything was too much effort.
Eventually, my hand connected with the blaring contraption, switching off the irritating sound and allowing me some peace. I sighed, a heavy, I-can't-be-bothered-with-today sigh. My head slumped back against the pillows as I fought to keep my eyes open.
Needless to say, I was unwilling as I dragged myself out of bed, padding groggily down the stairs and to the kitchen until I found the pot of coffee, allowing it to burn my tongue as I gulped desperately at the burning, heavenly liquid. Caffeine was my saviour.
An hour later, I was showered, dressed and somewhat more alert. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, my keys rattled in my hand as I left my house and locked the front door behind me. I reached my car, sliding into the front seat and switching on the engine. I enjoyed the low growl as I idled in my driveway, pushing my bag onto the passenger seat and buckling up. My Aston Martin was my baby and I had worked so hard for it. It was sometimes inappropriate or impractical, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
My cocky, dishevelled and seemingly edible neighbour was sat on his porch steps with a mug cupped in his hands. I was too far away to truly appreciate his long, thin fingers; the ones that put wicked thoughts in my already perverse mind. I pretended not to see him and tried to convince my traitorous eyes not to glance his way as I pulled out of my driveway smoothly, turning up the radio. I pretended I didn't see his smirk as I passed his house. I definitely didn't see that he was only wearing a pair of sleep pants and no top, because if I had noticed, I would have been inclined to ogle him. Which I didn't do. Nuh-uh.
It's a good job our street is straight or my baby would have been saying hello to a street lamp, or something as equally immobile and destructive.
The tinted windows were a god send because had the glorious specimen of a man known I was appreciating his appearance, with drool threatening to spill from my open mouth, his ego would have inflated further. I'm not sure I could have lived with the smart-ass, teasing comments that would ensue. I had enough of those from him on a normal day. His velvet voice made it feel as though we were having sex, fully clothed and a few feet apart. It was sinful. He was effectively having sex with my ears. On more than one occasion I had been forced to stifle moans, feeling it would have been inappropriate and more than a little awkward.
When he was out of sight, I released a breath and a low whistle before returning my full attention to the road and the route that would take me to work.
I knew I would be one of the first into the office, I always was. I had too much work to do and not enough time to do it and I was slightly addicted to my job. It was more of a hobby than a chore and a necessity. I enjoyed it.
All of the lights were out as I scanned my badge and slipped in through the parking garage doors. My footsteps echoed in the stairwell, my heels connecting audibly with each step. I soon reached my floor, easily finding my way along the corridor and into my office. I cringed as the door slammed behind me, a few sheets of paper floating off the filing cabinet which stood beside it. I dropped my bag to the floor beside my office chair, leaning over to switch on my computer. There was a whir as it kicked into gear and I left it to warm up as I retrieved the papers from the floor and returned them to their rightful place.
Suddenly, there was silence. With a curious glance to my computer and a frustrated sigh at the ready, I crossed the room to it once more. I stood before it, realising the machines had switched themselves off and, huffing in annoyance, I pushed my chair out of the way and knelt on the floor, pressing the "on" button once more. When nothing happened, I reached behind the contraption and pushed at the cables, wiggling them until I was sure they were in correctly.
Peeking my head above the desk, I screeched when I saw the monitor, plain as day. There was a clown staring back at me, unmoving. Not your average children's clown but a carnival one. My heart hammered against my rib cage and I jabbed desperately at various buttons. Wassomeoneplayingaprankonme?
I clambered off the ground, turning my back on the freakish sight as I all but ran to the light switch, illuminating the room.
"Fuck," I muttered, taking deep breaths as I willed my heart to calm down. I crept tentatively back to the computer, giving myself a motivational pep talk the whole way. Closing my eyes, I felt my way in front of the screen, counting down from five to one before opening my eyes and finding the generic company background glaring back at me. My fingers rubbed angrily at my eyes before I slammed a fist on the desk.
"Fuck," I repeated; cursing myself, the world and Halloween.
"Is everything okay?" A quiet voice spoke, making me jump. I laughed at myself a little, earning a concerned frown from my friend.
"Sorry, Alice, it's fine. I guess I'm just tired." I sighed, smiling at her. She stepped further into the room and I saw her hands were occupied with two cups of take out coffee. My smile grew as I approached the offering in her outstretched hand.
"I thought this might cheer you up."
"You have the gift of foresight, then!"
She passed me the cup and I took a small sip, enjoying the warmth spreading through my fingers from the contents.
"Thank you," I hummed, setting it on the desk beside me.
"No problem. So, do you want to talk about it?" She asked, sitting in the plush leather armchair across from me, kicking off her shoes and curling her feet under herself.
"It's nothing, really. I'm just slowly losing my mind." I shrugged with a teasing smile and she rolled her eyes.
"It's okay, Bella, I already know you've lost your mind, you don't have to lie to me."
If I could have reached, I would have smacked her right then. Oh my dearest pixie friend.
"What a relief! Anyway, what are you doing here so early?"
"I thought I'd catch you before the work day began." She explained, tucking some hair behind her ear and revealing the silver ring in the shell of her ear.
"I'm that predictable, huh?" I asked wryly, leaning back in my chair.
"Yes! Maybe one day you will arrive here at a respectable hour." She teased and I shook my head at her.
"You never know, miracles can happen."
"That they can. Now down to business, on today's agenda we are discussing our traditional Halloween film night. Luckily, the big day falls on a Friday this year, which means great things for us!"
"Is that so?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "And what great things would these be?"
"Sleepovers and alcoholic beverages?" She grinned smugly.
"I see, you do have a point there. So, my place, tomorrow night, seven o'clock?" I suggested, tapping my chin with my proposition.
"Hell yes, this thing is on. I'll bring the drinks, Rose will bring the food and you have the films. It's a date, babycakes." I became absorbed in Alice's enthusiasm, already scanning through my DVD collection for the perfect films to watch.
"I look forward to it." I told her genuinely.
"Before I go, we have one more thing to discuss."
"What's that?" I inquired, assuming that I wouldn't enjoy the direction this conversation was about to take.
"That neighbour of yours."
"What about him?" I grumbled, frowning. If I didn't know better, I would think Alice had a thing for him. He seemed to be her favourite topic of conversation these days, ever since she caught the end of one of our exchanges one Summer's night as she came to drop off a pair of shoes she had borrowed. Apparently the mere fact that I had failed to mention him to her meant that there was something going on between us and she was determined to find out what.
There really was nothing. Nada. Zilch.
Unless you count the dreams. We're not counting those. Just no.
"He's asked you out, right?" I scoffed at her accusation.
"No, he really hasn't. I don't know why you think there's something we're hiding but I assure you, there are no secrets where he's concerned. We're neighbours and that's that." I told her, knowing that it didn't matter what I said, she still wouldn't believe me.
"I don't believe you." She declared, staring me down.
"What's new?"
"Just you wait and see." She responded mysteriously and I rolled my eyes at that. Who wouldn't?
"He's gay, Alice. Okay?"
"He's not!" She gasped, narrowing her eyes at me. I stared right back, not giving in. This was my last attempt to shut her up and if it didn't work, I was doomed for the rest of eternity. That is no exaggeration, ladies and gentlemen.
"Yes," I cried, "heis." I tried to give her my most believable expression and it seemed to work. Her mouth was agape and she went without blinking for at least a minute. I think she was breathing, but it was hard to tell.
"No..." I knew she wasn't really contesting my statement, simply expressing her surprise.
"It is what it is." I shrugged. "I think I like him better knowing he bats for the other team." I nodded, backing up my declaration with the motion.
"Wait until Rose hears this!" Alice squeaked, slipping her feet back into her shoes and throwing me a wave as she hurried out of the room. I smiled smugly to myself, allowing myself a few moments to bask in my satisfaction. Now thatwas a job well done.
After my conversation with Alice, I had forgotten all about my frightening experience. The more time that passed, the easier it was to convince myself it was all a trick of the light, or even my sleep-deprived mind.
The office was empty once more as I left that evening, even the cleaning crews had finished, leaving the place spotless once again. I switched off my computer, carefully avoiding looking at the black monitor, silently afraid of what I might see and all the while telling myself I was being stupid. I was, it's true.
I reached around in my bag for my car keys as I approached the doors, eventually looking up and releasing a startled cry at the clown that was once again staring back at me. I spun around, thinking it was a reflection, but there was nothing there. No white face and red nose. There was no longer anything in the window either, other than my own wide, brown eyes looking back at me.
My eyes never left the reflective surface as I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself down. I tried to reassure myself but it wasn't really working. Seeing things once, I could put down to tiredness or something along those lines, seeing the same thing a second time and I was starting to worry I was losing my marbles. With one last look at the window, I tore my gaze away and pushed through the doors into the stairwell. My eyes darted around, seeking out any sign of the image, all the while hoping my searches would come up empty.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little jittery as I drove home, my thoughts plagued with the face. The very same face. When I pulled into my driveway, I held back, remaining in the car for several minutes while I built up the courage to enter my dark and deserted house.
Lights. I'd switch on the lights.
That's exactly what I did. As soon as I pushed open the front door, I reached for the light switch and flicked it on. I did this in every last room of the house, the building becoming a beacon in the cloaked night. No doubt the neighbours would give it a curious glance, perhaps judge my environment-killing ways before pulling their curtains closed and going on with their lives.
I occupied myself with cooking dinner, a simple vegetable risotto with a glass of white wine on the side. Pottering about the kitchen and singing along to the music at full volume, it was easy to leave my troubles to fester at the back of my mind. Clowns? Who said anything about those silly old things? Not I.
With my food gently simmering on the stove, I tied up the garbage sack and lifted it from the bin, carrying it outside and keeping it away from my clothes. The paving stones were cold against my bare feet and I must have looked quite the sight hopping from foot to foot and hissing with each step.
The road was illuminated by headlights as I reached the dustbin and a car pulled into the drive next door. Although I couldn't see much in the dark, I knew it would be my cocky, tempting neighbour. My assumptions were confirmed when the smooth voice called out to me, the smirk evident in his tone.
"Good evening, Miss. Swan."
The car door slammed and I could see him approaching me slowly, his hands wedged deep into his pockets. Damn, that man looked good in a suit. Okay, so maybe I couldn't really see him properly, but I could tell he was wearing a suit and I had seen him rocking one in daylight before. I have the image committed to memory.
"Edward." My response was somewhat curt, but I was going to lose my feet soon.
"How kind of you," he murmured, now only a few metres away.
"What is?" I questioned, a frown on my face. God only knew what he was on about.
"To light up the whole street and save the good people the energy costs." He teased, ceasing his approach when there were a few feet between us.
"I'm just doing my bit, out of the goodness of my heart." I answered wryly, stepping from foot to foot, hoping it would warm my feet. He looked down and with his proximity, I saw his smirk become more defined.
"You decided to forgo shoes, I see." I rubbed one foot on top of the other, hoping the friction would create heat.
"They're overrated, right?"
He hummed in response, not sounding all too convinced, but neither was I. My arms wrapped around my torso, trying to hold in the warmth.
"I should let you get in, I don't want you to get sick on my account."
"Thank you, you're ever so kind." There was no hiding the sarcasm in my tone as I edged slowly towards my house, doing a crab-like sidestep.
"There are many ways you can thank me for my generosity." He declared suggestively.
"Wow... I'm sure there are. Why don't you write a list and I'll see what I can do." I answered with faux-enthusiasm, getting further from him.
"I'll do that. Have a nice night, Miss. Swan."
"You too."
My pace quickened for the last few steps and I was finally in my house. My dinner was ready and I switched off the stove, plating it up and taking it through into the front room. I curled up on the sofa, cocooning my feet in a thick blanket and switching on the television.
I relished the heat of the food and the full belly that came with it. I was content to sit and watch some t.v. shows, lying down on the sofa with my head propped on the armrest. Before long my eyelids were becoming heavy and I was fighting sleep. My eyes were half closed as I watched the television and I sighed when the screen started crackling with static, flicking between the show and a black screen. I was too tired to move, so I waited for it to sort itself out, my back arching as I stretched and yawned.
When I was faced once again with the looming face of the carnival clown I jumped, diving for the remote and jamming the off switch. The head disappeared, along with the only source of noise in the house, other than my deep breathing. I clutched a hand to my chest and fought back the tears.
"Fuck, double fuck." I let out on a shaky breath, drawing my knees up to my chest and resting my forehead on them. My body shuddered uncontrollably and I sat rocking on my sofa, the perfect picture of insanity. That's what I was; Insane. Beautifully insane. My hands clutched at the seat as I let my thoughts run riot. All I could see behind my closed lids was the long, thin red lips, rosy cheeks, round, red nose and green hair.
...
"Swan? You here?" I groggily peeled my eyes open and glanced around the room, somewhat bewildered. I hadn't made it to my bed last night, it would seem. "There you are." I looked up and quickly unfurled my body, brushing my hair from my face and staring open-mouthed and ever so attractively at my neighbour.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded, scrambling to my feet, trying not to trip over the blanket.
"Sorry... I just- your lights were still on... all night, in fact. I thought something might have happened..." Edward trailed off and I was surprised to see he appeared sheepish. That was an expression I'd never seen on him before.
"Shit, what time is it?" My eyes darted around the room, failing to find a clock.
"It's just gone half seven." He looked completely bewildered as he supplied that piece of information, and even more confused at the stream of expletives that were rapidly falling from my lips.
"Are you okay?" He asked, a crease in his forehead and one hand raking through his wayward hair.
"No, damn it. NO! I'm so late. Shit." I ran into the kitchen and retrieved my handbag, snatching up the car keys from the counter. I skidded to a stop infront of Edward, who was blocking off the doorway.
"I need to go!" I cried and he stepped to the side, allowing me to dodge past him towards the front door.
"Bella?" He called after me.
"What?" I responded, not even turning to look at him.
"You might want to change... and do something with your hair." He informed me and I took a few steps backwards so I could see myself in the hallway mirror. I groaned, tugging at my outlandish bed-head hairstyle.
"I just want to die a little bit. This is not good." I grumbled to myself, smacking my palm against my forehead.
"Look, I'm sure they can cope with you turning up at a normal time just this once. Just breathe for a second, go and grab a shower and get dressed. You don't want to be turning up to work in a walk of shame state, rumours will fly." I saw him wink at me over my shoulders.
"You're insufferable!" I huffed, but conceded. I didn't waste any time running up the stairs, my fingers fiddling with the buttons on my blouse.
"Do you want some music to accompany that strip tease, Swan?"
"Fuck you, Cullen." I yelled, shutting myself in the bathroom, not caring that I had left Edward Cullen unattended in my house. God,hebetternottouchanything.
Twenty minutes later I was presentable, with my hair tied up in a bun and my favourite cream dress on. I'd applied a touch of mascara and left it at that, deciding I didn't have time to waste. I padded down the stairs with my heels in my hand and made my way into the kitchen in search of a banana and my travel mug. When I smelled coffee I was confused. Upon further inspection, I found my travel mug already filled with coffee and a note beside it.
You can't go wrong with coffee. Take a deep breath and have a good day at work, Swan.
P.s. The beacon is out.
I touched the paper, surprised at the kind gesture from the King of Cocky. It's not the best name, I admit, but it suits him. I hadn't noticed that he turned all of the lights out, but I appreciated it. My "beacon" hadn't been much use after all but tonight Alice and Rose would be here and I could forget about yesterday.
I dashed out of the house with a half eaten banana and my morning caffeine hit, allowing my eyes to linger on the house next door and the empty driveway. Maybe I had underestimated him. I shook my head. Of course not, he was being neighbourly. It was the first time that had happened. It won't happen again.
By 8:15am I was at work and gaining curious glances from my colleagues. Yes, this was the latest I had ever arrived. So shoot me, I had work to do. No rest for the wicked, as they say.
When I entered my office, Alice was perched in my desk chair, one eyebrow raised and her hands tented on the desk. It was a strange thing to find, but I resisted the urge to laugh.
"Where have you been, young lady? I was beginning to think you were sick!"
"No, I'm fine, I was just running a little late today. I guess I fell asleep on the sofa and my alarm was upstairs."
She gave me a funny look before nodding and standing up. She crossed the room and gave me a hug.
"I'm glad you're okay. Happy Halloween and don't forget about tonight, by the way!"
With that parting message she left my office, shutting the door behind her. I had no qualms about approaching my computer and when there was no ominous face staring back, I felt even better and far more relaxed. Nothing was stopping me from pretending yesterday hadn't happened.
My day passed quickly and in what seemed to be no time at all, it was time to leave. I grabbed my jacket and my bag and left along with everyone else, knowing I needed time to set everything up before Rose and Alice were due at mine in two hours.
I flipped Mike Newton off in the most professional manner I could muster when he commented to Eric Yorkie, in a hushed tone, that it must be Halloween if I'm behaving like a regular employee because, and I quote, "that right there is some freaky shit."
As I drove back home, I found myself in an unusually good mood.
Edward pulled into his drive only a few seconds after I did and when he climbed out of his car, I chose to ignore his taunting words. Just to be clear, when I say ignore, I mean I told him politely to suck my dick and walked away. See, proof of my good mood. Normally I would have been far more obnoxious.
After I had drunk another mug of coffee, I set about cleaning my house and tidying away the general clutter that had accumulated. I didn't want the girls thinking I was a complete slob. Ha. They already knew, but there is no need to reinforce that point.
I brushed my hair, wiped my face clean and changed into jeans, an old, much-too-short-for-me black tee and a knitted grey cardigan. With my comfy clothes on, I wandered through to the den and faced my ever-growing DVD collection. After picking out five films I placed them on the coffee table and glanced at the clock. With only five minutes to go, I grabbed plates, glasses and cutlery to waste time and further prepare us for the evening ahead. It was a couple of minutes before seven when the doorbell rang and I opened the door to find both of my best friends grinning on my doorstep.
"B!" Rose pulled me into a hug while Alice shuffled around us both, darting into my home and out of sight.
"Aaaaand she's off!" I giggled, closing the door and leading Rose through to where I assumed we would find the small, ninja-like woman.
"How are you?" Rose asked, nudging my shoulder.
"I'm great, thank you. What about you? It's been too long."
"Brilliant, thanks. Busy, as usual, though. It was hard to fit in that phone call with Alice where she mentioned your hot, fuckable neighbour is gay, but I squeezed it into my schedule."
"Oh great, I bet that made her day." I answered, completely ignoring the main part of her sentence and the not-so-subtle way she incorporated it into the conversation.
"Yeah... I'm sure it did. Now quit dodging the point, woman. I don't think I can believe that the hot hunk of man meat is gay. Seriously? No, he's not. God isn't that cruel, I'm telling you.
"If only, but it's a cruel world."
I'm going to hell. When they find out that I was bending the truth to extreme proportions, they are going to kill me.
I'll be Satan's new best friend for life. Oh, God.
Rose sighed, rubbing my shoulder in sympathy.
"That it is, B."
We finally found Alice in the kitchen with a bottle of wine already uncorked and two glasses filled with the deep red liquid.
Rose began opening up tubs of Chinese food and I set it all on a tray, bringing it through so we could veg infront of the television with everything we needed.
We were stuffing our faces in a ladylike way as we watched the first film and by the end of it, I was not only full, but a little bit tipsy.
By the end of the second film I had finished off the prawn crackers and more wine and found myself needing the toilet. I used the one downstairs, seeing the staircase as an effort my food baby just couldn't handle.
I was halfway out the door, on my way back to the land of horror films, food and booze, when I thought I saw something in the reflection in the mirror. I was turning back to have a look when I heard the front door open and I dismissed my faulty eyesight and poked my head out of the bathroom door.
Alice smiled at me and bounded away, leaving behind Edward. I didn't know how to react to him being in my house again and went for something simple.
"Hi."
What can I say, I've got articulate covered.
"Hey, sorry to intrude, your friend let me in."
I was still stood in the doorway to the bathroom when I heard a faint cackling behind me, I twisted my head and found nothing, telling myself it was just the television I was hearing somehow.
"Not a problem, is everything okay?"
"Yeah, fine. I just came to check you're alright, you seemed a little... different this morning."
The laughter continued and goosebumps prickled my skin, making me wrap my arms protectively around myself.
"Nothing to worry about, it was just one of those days. Thank you for everything this morning, it was nice of you."
"My pleasure. Did the office collapse without you there at seven?" His teasing was lost on me as I saw something out of the corner of my eye and felt a chill hit my body.
"One second, sorry..."
I turned and re-entered the bathroom, the door ajar behind me as I scanned the small space. I took slow steps towards the mirror and screamed when the face of the carnival clown flashed onto its smooth surface, the words "I can see you," written in blood red.
I screamed, scrambling away from the mirror and into Edward, who was stood as still as a statue, staring at the image. He shook himself out of it and tugged me through the doorway and into the next room, my quiet sobs now the only sound.
Edward's arms were wrapped tightly around me and my fingers dug into his arms. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't control the tears that poured.
"Shh, it's okay, I'm here." He rubbed soothing circles on my back, shifting me so we were seated on a sofa in the front room.
I clung to him shamelessly, afraid and frozen in place.
"No, no, no." I chanted, shaking my head, which was pressed into his shoulder. He continued to hold me in his lap, rocking me and soothing me.
Eventually, he pulled back a little, lifting my chin with his finger and meeting my gaze with his own serious stare.
"Please, no." I mumbled, not sure of what I was saying, but knowing I didn't want to be alone right then. I forgot about my friends, tucked safely away a few rooms from this one.
"When I was younger, my mother used to tell me a story every Halloween." His voice was low and his fingers gentle as the stroked my cheek, brushing away the tears. "It was about the clown from the Armazzi brothers' carnival. The clown would hide in the hall of mirrors while it wasn't doing shows and it would scare the people who entered. Every Halloween, the clown would disappear, no longer in the hall of mirrors, and nobody knew where it went. Then there were rumours, people claiming to have seen the clown."
"That's not funny, Edward. This isn't a joke." I cried, shaking my head as I pushed away from him.
"No, Bella, listen." He grabbed my wrists and tightened his hold, refusing to let me move away from him.
"The clown could no longer leave the hall of mirrors, except for around Halloween. He would visit one person each year, scaring them, just as he did to those at the carnival. At the stroke of midnight on Halloween, he is said to appear one last time with a parting message for his victim."
"Why me? It's going to come back, I know it."
"I don't know, Bella. It's a mystery. I always thought it was a tale... I mean, fuck, that was just... that was fucked up. He won't come back though. It's after Halloween, that's it, his time is up for the year."
I couldn't get my head around it and a large part of me didn't believe him. No doubt he was making fun of me and he would go home and have a nice long laugh at my expense.
"I know you don't trust me, Bella. I've never given you any reason to, but I promise I'm telling you the truth. I'm an ass, sure, but after seeing you the past few days, I couldn't lie to you. I knew something was up."
His eyes were pleading with me to believe him, to understand, and the honesty I saw there couldn't be denied. I wrapped my arms around him and curled further into his chest, feeling much safer there than I had anywhere else since the whole fiasco had begun yesterday morning.
Before I could react, his lips gently touched mine. There was a tinge of pink on his cheeks when he pulled away and he apologised, averting his gaze.
"I- I don't mind." I whispered and he sought out my gaze, leaning forward slowly, giving me time to move, to pull away.
I didn't. I shifted myself so my lips could meet his. The kiss was slow and careful, soon progressing, becoming more hungry and frenzied as our tongues and hands explored. I moved to straddle his lap, leaning into his touch and tangling one hand in his hair while the other explored his chest.
From the past forty-eight hours, this seemed like the most surreal moment. Edward Cullen is my hot, unattainable asshole of a neighbour, not my sexy, caring and very attainable neighbour.
My hand paused at the hem of his shirt and when he didn't object, I pushed up the material upwards, exposing his toned and delectable abs. He helped me to lift his tee over his head, tossing it to the side and permitting me to trail my hands all over his skin. My moan was loud and whoresque and it was the exact moan I had been holding in ever since his voice had first caressed my eardrums.
His hands were gripping my ass and in my needy, whorish ways, I began rubbing myself over him, feeling him growing harder beneath me.
"Fuck, Bella." He groaned, raising his hips to meet mine. One of his hands snaked underneath my shirt, finding its way to my breast. His fingers brushed over my pebbled nipple and I gasped, thrusting my chest forwards into his touch. His hand cupped my breast, palming the soft flesh and teasing my sensitive bud.
"Oh God, so good." I whimpered, the pace of my hips quickening in my lust induced haze. I nipped and kissed along his jaw, tasting him. I sucked on the spot behind his ear and he cursed, bucking his hips.
We were both panting and wanting. His hardness felt amazing rubbing against my sensitive core and I could feel the wetness between my legs with the continued grinding.
A throat cleared behind me and I froze, my wide eyes meeting Edward's lust-filled gaze. He let out a frustrated sigh, releasing my breast seemingly reluctantly. I looked over my shoulder to see Alice and Rose watching us, eyebrows raised.
"You're telling me he'sgay?" Alice questioned with disbelief and Rose snorted.
"Oh, fuck." I groaned, turning from them to rest my forehead on Edward's shoulder, hoping I had imagined them.
"What? Who told you I'm gay?" He asked her, utterly confused.
"Oh no." I muttered to myself, wishing the ground would swallow me up.
"Bella did." Alice's tone was smug. She knew she had just dropped me in it. Yes, I am going to hell.
"Oh, you're so going to pay for that, Swan." Edward growled in my ear, subtly tilting his hips into mine.
"To clarify for everyone, I'm as straight as a ruler." He announced to the room.
"I can tell, Mr. Cullen." I whispered to him, taking my revenge and rubbing against him as I moved off him.
"So... back to the films?" Rose asked casually and I nodded.
"Are you coming?" I asked, turning to Edward.
Rose and Alice walked ahead, leaving me with him.
"Sure, sounds good." He pushed himself up off the couch and adjusted himself.
"Do you plan on staring at my crotch all night? Just say if you want a picture." He smirked and my eyes flicked to his.
"Staring at it wouldn't get us anywhere, I had other things in mind." I purred, palming his erection through his jeans.
"Mmhm," He hummed, "Like what?"
"Watching a film. Come on." I answered cheerily, heading back to the den.
The frustrated growl behind me brought a smile to my lips and it grew when I heard his footsteps following me.
Tonight would be interesting, but I promised myself I wouldn't be the first to cave in.
If I'm going to hell, I'm taking Edward down with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment