Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser for week of 8-30-11

Well I waited for as long as I can and I am sad to say that I got one little bitty, teeny tiny teaser today!  Come on girls, what is going on with you all?  I was proud of my fellow writers that we had so many teasers for so many weeks in a row then...nothing!  Well a big fat thanks to prettykittyartist for submitting, she is the only one that will get any cookies today!  Here is her teaser:

Daddy's Little Angel:

“Okay, sweetie,” she said with a smile.  “I’m going to go ahead and get this set up for you.  It’s just a little pinch.”

 I knew damn well it was more than a little pinch.  I hated needles and just the thought of that tube thing stuck in my arm made me sick to my stomach.  The nurse obviously sensed my apprehension and patted my hand.  “It’ll be okay.  I do a million of these, it’s a snap.”

 She pulled a needle from the tray and went to work.  I had to look away and wished that Edward was on the other side of the bed so I could see him better.  “Edward, can you come over here?  I asked him.

 “Yeah, babe.”  He came over to the other side and stood in front of me.  “Just tell me when it’s done,” I said as I clenched my eyes tightly shut.

 I felt a prick of the needle and had to admit it wasn’t too bad until something caused the nurse to gasp, making her hand slip and the needle jab painfully into my arm.

 “What the…” I snapped when I looked at her.  The look on her face stopped me short before I heard a loud thud and the sound of something crashing to the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment