Monday, August 15, 2011

August Author of the Month-CaraNo


Okay ladies and gents, our author of the month is none other than CaraNo.  If you aren't reading one of her fics you must be hiding under a rock, cause she has like a million and two of them going right now (and she updates on time too).  I sat and tried to decide which fic would be my favorite that she writes and yeah...I couldn't do it at all.  I love them all!  So please take a minute to get to know her then check out her links at the bottom of the page here and start a fic or two of hers.   

Without further ado, I give you CaraNo...

1. Tell us about yourself, what you’re willing to share of course.
Hmm, what to say, what to say… Well, I’m 25 years old, I’m from Sweden, and I live for writing. Haha, what else is there? I’m not really all that fun. 

2. How and when you where introduced to twilight & fan fiction.
I wrote a continuation on Breaking Dawn before I knew what Fanfiction was, and then through a friend, I found out about it. I was hooked ;)
 
3. When did your obsession begin?
After I had read Breaking Dawn. I felt that there was so much more to the story, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Then there was Robert Pattinson, of course. That sexy bastard refused to leave my mind!
 
4. Where do get your inspiration for your stories?
All over the place haha. Music, movies, books, commercials. Doesn’t matter. I can see it everywhere.
 
5. Did you write for other books, movies, or whatnot besides twilight?
Nope. But I’m a sucker for Supernatural, and I wouldn’t mind writing a crossover.
 
6. What are you favorite character to write?
Edward ;)
 
7. Who would you say is the easiest character to write for you?
Edward.
 
8. Who is your favorite twilight character?
Edward.
 
9. Which character would you identify with the most?
Hmm. That’s a tough one, but I think it would be… um… a mix between Alice and Emmett. I’m far from shy, and I’d like to say I’m easygoing, though not in a hyper way, but still. I’m blunt and crude, too.
 
10. How has your experience with the fandom been? (I.e. Fan fiction, TWCS, Twilighted)    
Amazing. I’ve ‘met’ some awesome people online. I love all aspects of this world :)
 
11. Are there any grievances?
No, not really. Not with others, anyway. But I’m struggling to get better. You know, grammar and shit like that ;)
 
12. What do you prefer writing - fluff, angst, smut
All of it? Nah, but seriously, I feel like I need all categories. Now, for instance, I have one Mafia-story running, one extremely smutty story, one crack-fic, and one angsty. It’s a good balance, and when I’m fed up with angst, I leave Our Yellow House and run on over to Isla de Cullen, haha. Granted, having six stories running is a bit much. But I will probably always have more than two.
 
13. Do you bring personal experiences into your stories?
Yes. There are a few experiences I’ve brought into OYH, Isla, and It’s a Sign.
 
14. What kind of research do you do for your stories if any?
Everything I need, pretty much. For OYH I’ve done extensive research on everything from car tires and weather conditions to injuries and emotional distress. I don’t always do extensive research, though. For stories such as Trash & Darlin’s and What’s up, doc? I’ve done the basics. Places, education, living conditions, etc.
 
15. Favorite part of book.
If it’s Romance, then I would say the stage where you’re waiting for the two to get together. Where you’re testing the waters. But in general I live for a happy ending.
 
16. Least favorite part of book.
A crappy ending.
 
17. First fan fiction story you read was:
Only remember the first M-rated and it was Bella?Marie? by Nyomixx
 
18. If you write multiple fics, which one has been the most enjoyable for you to write and why?
Impossible to say because each one gives me different types of satisfaction. But I love writing This Life and Our Yellow House because they are challenging stories demanding research and a creative mind.

Please list your links for Fan fiction, TWCW, Twilighted, Facebook, and Blog if it applies to you.

We here at Twilight Fanfic Advocacy want to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.  We have enjoyed working with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment