Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teasers for week of 7-19-11


Lost in the Shadows bylvtwilight09

Jasper helps me out of the bed and grabs my bag that I packed for the hospital. Just before we go to head downstairs to leave, I remind Jasper to grab the baby’s car seat and bag from the nursery. Nodding his head, he runs halfway down the hall before turning around and coming back to me.

“Which room is Michael’s nursery babe?” Jasper asks.

I try to fight back the tears, but my voice cracks when I answer him, telling him it’s the room across the hall from Elliott’s. Jasper’s question just reminds me of how distant he’s been, that he doesn’t even know which room will belong to our new son. Jasper hears the change in my voice and sees the tears building up and asks what’s wrong, but I play it off as just pain from a contraction, not wanting to start an argument about how he hasn’t been an active participant in this pregnancy or marriage for the past six months.

We make our way downstairs, promising Rose and Emmett that we’ll call them as soon as the baby is born so they can bring Elliott to the hospital to meet his little brother. Jasper helps me into the car before getting in himself and speeds off towards the hospital, steering with one hand while the other holds mine the entire way. As we drive, I look at him and I can see the excited smile on his face.

“I love you Alice, always. Thank you for giving me another son.” He says as he briefly looks towards me before refocusing his eyes on the road. His words are touching, and I can tell by the way he looks at me that he means everything he said. I can only hope that things are beginning to change, starting to go back to how they used to be.

We get to the hospital and are quickly moved up to the maternity wing and into a room. Shortly after we arrive our families show up and the doctor checks me, letting me know I probably had another hour or two before I would need to push. After several hours and lots of pushing, screaming, and crying, Matthew Henry Whitlock is born. Jasper and I couldn’t be happier, and I let my own tears flow freely as I watch my husband holding our new son and look at me with tears in his own eyes as he whispers softly to me “Thank you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just Out of Reach by theonlykyla

I pulled myself over to the side of the bed, setting my feet on the floor, I needed to go to the bathroom. I never realized how hard it was to do something one handed. But I finally made my way off the bed and into the bathroom. It was a struggle to just go pee, but I managed through my grunts and groans. I washed my hand and opened the door to find Edward sitting on the side of the bed, looking at me with a pained mask upon his face. “Are you okay?” his voice was hoarse and scratchy. “I'm fine,” I said, making my way across the room to sit at the foot of the mattress.

 
“I was so worried about you.” His words floated through the air with a heaviness that caused my throat to develop a lump. Fighting back the tears that wanted to fall, I replied, “You should have been here with me.”

 
His head fell into his hands as his elbows rested on his knees, “I know that I've fucked up, Bella, and I just....” his head came up as one of his hands went to rub across his chest. “The thought of losing you forever, it's to much.....it's just...” he fell to his knees and crawled on the floor to a sitting position in front of me. “When I thought of the fact that you had left and disappeared just like the others in my life before you, I felt like my heart was going to explode.” His breathing became quick and he sucked in hard for a breath.

 
 “Edward, what happened? Why were you in the hospital?” I asked as I laid a hand on his shoulder, feeling his skin that was clammy and cold.

 
He raised his head, bringing his eyes, wet with tears and full of sorrow, to meet mine. “I had a panic attack, passed out and hit my head. They took me by ambulance to the hospital. Apparently, I was in and out of consciousness and wouldn't stop trying to leave, so they sedated me and tied me to the bed.” Pain gripped my heart at the thought of him in such a state of anxiety, and I wasn't there to soothe him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 36
I slowly walked to his bed, and placed my hand over his, careful not to disturb any of the needles and tubes attached to him. “Daddy.” I said though I knew he couldn't hear me. “I'm here now daddy. You have to get better for me because I need you. I need you to forgive me like I forgave you, so we can be a family again. I need us to be a family daddy, you and Jasper are all I have left, and I need you. I need you so much!”

It was at that point that the severity of the situation hit me and I lost it. I cried like I have never cried before. I cried for the loss of my mother, realizing I lost my father at the same time. I cried for the horrible relationship I had with my only parent left. I cried for everything my father had missed out in my life for the last five months. I cried for the frail beaten down man that lay in the hospital bed. I just cried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Maid by one of eddie's girls  (the one shot is unposted so we're giving you the link to her profile to sign up for author alerts so when she posts you will know it!)


“You look like shit,” Rose told Bella.

“Is there something I can help you with Miss Rosalie?” Bella ignored the insult and concentrated on doing her job.

“Not really, just to tell you to get the fuck away from my brother. You have nothing to offer him, you have no education, no money, no kind of future to offer, and I can see you are a gold digging whore, just looking for the excuse to latch on to our family money,” The venom clear in Rosalie’s words.

“I assure you Miss Rosalie, I have no intentions to trap anyone or do I want anything to do with your families money,” Bella concentrated in not burning the meal she was preparing for lunch. She did not want Rosalie to see the emotions and feeling playing through her face.

“I’ve seen you coming out of his room after ‘cleaning’ adjusting your dress Isabella,” Rosalie used quotes around the word cleaning to accentuate that she knew what was really going on. The blush that creeped up Isabella’s face confirmed her suspicions.  “I thought so,” she said smugly.

“Please, Miss Rosalie don’t say anything to your parents. I will leave your bother alone, just please dont day anything,” the worry and panic evident in Bella’s voice.

“Oh I won’t say anything but you need to leave and leave yesterday,” Rosalie commanded, then left Bella to finish up what she was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment