Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teasers for 6-28-11

Okay all it’s time for some afternoon teasing…get your mats and gather around so we can get started.  We have quite a few stories to introduce you to today!

“Where have you been?” muttered Garrett.  “You freak out before disappearing for days?”
Closing my eyes, I set my brush down, letting a stray tear fall down my face.  “My father died,” I cried, looking back at him.  The glare left his face, replaced by pity.  “He was all I had left and now he’s gone, not that I owe you an explanation.”
“Bella,” he shook his head.  “I’m sorry.”
“I should just get over it, right?”  I sobbed, bringing my hand up to my chest, ignoring the paint dripping off my fingers.  “I mean, he’s dead and gone.  I should just love and get…over…it…right?”
“No, of course not,” he tried, putting his hands up.
“Bullshit,” I snarled.  “You can’t keep hiding, Bella.  The world needs to see your art.  Isn’t that what you said?”  Garrett ducked his head.  I turned away from him, looking back at my painting.  “Tell me how to just move on, because I really don’t know how to breathe without either of them.”
“You can’t just give up, either,” he mumbled.  I turned back to him.  “Damn it Bella, your mom wanted you to paint for the world.  That’s how much she believed in you.”
“I know how much my mother believed in me, I don’t need you to tell me.”
“Don’t you?”  He countered.  “I’m sorry about your dad, Bella.  I never ahd the pleasure to meet him but I’m sure he would tell you the same thing that I have, that your mom would.  It’s time to stop hiding.”

Under The Boardwalk by Robicorn and meguhbot -Chapter 23
                                                                    
“One girl evoked the need for grand gestures to win her back...didn’t work.” 

“Don’t be stupid Edward. You did nothing wrong to need grand gestures. If I were Izzy...”

I want to say things I’m not sure are true...things that I think would be true if I were twenty two.

“If...” Edward wants me to finish. He stops walking, leaning against the railing of the boardwalk. The wind blows off the ocean, I feel wisps of hair hitting my face.

“I would fall asleep every night in the arms of a wonderful man,” I let out an unsteady breath at my admission that I’d hope we would be living together if things were everything I made them out to be last year.

I close my eyes, and shake my head. It feels so intense between us. I feel his fingertip under my chin, gently nudging my face upwards. He steps closer.

“Bella...” he whispers.

His lips touch mine. Soft. Hesitant. Like when I put my toes in the water at the pool. He is testing the waters.
 *************************************************

GonorrheaAlways Ends with a HEA by SweetPoeticJustice - Chapter 7
Jane went first down the stairwell followed by Alice. I took a few steps down the stairs and noticed Emmett wasn’t following me, I turned to see what was keeping him and was met with a wide eyed Emmett getting his ass cradled in one of the drag queens bulky hands as she slid her pointy red acrylic nail down his chest and slipped a piece of paper in the top part of Emmett’s dress near his faux cleavage. I shot him a look to remind him he better not fuck this up for us and he realized his reaction was not conducive to keeping our cover. He loosened his tense body minutely and softened his eyes and bent over to whisper something in the queen’s ear which caused the queen to giggle swat his backside and say “Just how I like them big and dirty.” I glared at him again as I saw he began to choke on his laughter and hurried up to catch up to me.
**************************************************

Forever You by the Losttwisisters -Chapter 16

It has been three days since I left the house.  My phone had not rang once the whole time I have been gone.  That was really weird that Alice and Rose have not tried calling me.  We never go a day that we did not talk to each other.  So that only meant that Edward had told them about what happened.  I was kinda glad that they had not called.  I had to work out my own feelings first. 
**************************************************




It's You by Losttwisisters -Chapter 13

I walked over to the dresser and notice a picture sitting there.  It was of Edward with another guy and a girl in the picture.  They only person that came to mind is Irina.  She was standing in the middle of them and had her hands wrapped around both of them.  She was tall with blond hair.  She must have been at least 5’9” and was like a super model.  I felt the tears surfacing in my eyes.  How could he want someone like me when he had Irina?  I’m just plain Jane Bella Swan who was a virgin up until a week ago. 
**************************************************

Midnight Sun by  Losttwisisters -Chapter 2

“Hey Emmett, what do you know about Bella Swan, man?”
“Actually she is very shy, sweet, pretty, and she is an awesome photographer.  She takes a lot of pictures of arrogant sons of bitches.  They always give her a hard time.  She bitched or vents, whatever you want to call it, to Rose and Alice all the time.”
“So does she have a boyfriend or is she married?”
**************************************************

Familiar Taste of Poison by IrisDraven - Chapter 3

The scent got stronger as I heard loud footsteps up the stairs. The closer the steps got, the stronger my phantom heartbeat became. I felt the familiar beat under my skin. I could feel something that was heavier than saliva pooling into my mouth at that amazing scent. I swallowed it back automatically trying desperately to control my reactions which no longer felt like my own as the door opened.
My breath hitched as the scent invaded every inch of the medium size bedroom we were in. I blinked my eyes trying to figure out who or what was standing before me. Whoever he was talking to Alice like they knew each other forever but I couldn’t stop taking in every inch of him. His copper colored hair shinned with every color imaginable starting from penny going to blonde. His skin was the color of ivory. He had a bump in his nose that I wonder if always had been there and his jaw was so sharp that I was sure you could cut glass on it. My eyes moved down to his wide shoulder and I realized that he had a slim swimmer physique.  As he moved, the mouthwatering scent became more intense and I had the urge to lick his skin.
**************************************************
  
The Sharpest Lives by lvtwilight09 -Chapter 47

She wants this. She’s told me more than once. So why am I so nervous now that the time has come? I’ve talked to Carlisle about everything, my ability to control myself, how to expect Bella to react…I’ve prepared myself for this every way I know how and yet I’ve never been more scared in my life. It doesn’t matter that Bella and I have discussed how this is going to happen, gone over all the details so we would both know what to expect. I can’t help these last minute fears creeping up inside my brain. What if she regrets this? Hates me for what I’m about to do? Thankfully the rest of the family is here to support me and help me through this.
I move to the bed where Bella is waiting for me and stare into her eyes trying to remember ever nuance of their color. They’re beautiful. I’ve always loved her chocolate brown eyes, could get lost in them so easily. Sensing my nerves, Bella moves closer to me, placing her hand on my cheek.
“I love you Edward. I’m not afraid” she whispers confidently before kissing me deeply, taking control and initiating a chain of events which will irrevocably change us both.
**************************************************

Just Out of Reach by theonlykyla - Chapter 12
“Jasper, I am so sorry I hurt you. I love you and will always love you. I wish that I had had this conversation with you three years ago. I hate to see the pain in your eyes that I know is there because of me.” I whispered across the table, wanting to hug him but knowing that we needed to keep the bare minimal of contact for both of our sanity.

“For so long, I would watch you, watch you and Bella as your romance blossomed and your love for her grew. I was so envious of what you had found in her that you would never see in me. But now, Edward, I'm grateful for it. I'm glad that I had to live with the pain of something that was wrong, because now I have what's right. She's the most beautiful little four foot nine inch pixie and she loves me. She's waiting on me to get my act together and have the same amazing life with her as you've gotten to enjoy with Bella.” He wiped his cheek, and his radiant smile bloomed on his face, his crystal blue eyes were full of joy at the thought of Alice.

**************************************************

Dog Tags and White T-shirts by LoveLikeWoah - Chapter 3
I ran to her, panic and fear ripping it's way through me in a matter of milliseconds. No.

As I called her name, I closed the distance between us, pushing people out of the way without a second thought. There were grumbles and shoves, shouts and staggering, but I pushed on through until I was by her side.

I shielded her body from view, brushing the disheveled brown hair from her face.

“Bella?” Her eyes searched for mine, but she didn't speak. Her lips were parted and her expression was startled. I pulled her to me, wrapping my arms securely around her small and fragile body before lifting her from the ground, cradling her against my chest. My heart pounded and I drew my eyes away from hers to scan for the safest and quickest exit.

Her fist wrapped around my shirt, her face buried in my neck as I skirted the room, avoiding the riotous, crowding people that littered the bar, many frantically seeking for an exit, while others continued to fight.

We were soon out in the cool night air, a gentle breeze tickling my heated skin. I navigated a few back alleys, taking Bella away from the danger. I set her down, under the light of a street lamp, and that's when I noticed the blood.
**************************************************
Love The Way You Lie by bnjwl - Chapter 15

It’s funny how they always say things like you’ve served your time and you’re a free man now.  Well, I got news for them, I will never be a free man and I will never stop serving my time.  Each and every time I see Bella’s face filled with disappointment, I will serve my time all over again.  Each time Jane has trouble in her life I will serve my time all over again.  I will never be free from my mistake, never.  And while it doesn’t bother me that I will suffer for this, it does bother me when the ones that I love suffer over and over for it.  That is the one thing that I wish I could change about all of it.  Their suffering. 

I hear a small noise coming from across the hall and wonder if Eavan is okay.  I glance at the clock and see that it’s only fifteen minutes after five in the morning.  Surely, she doesn’t get up this early every morning.  Just as I began to untangle myself from Bella to go and check she emerged into the room.  Her face lit up when our eyes made contact.  I waved her over with the arm that was free from Bella, she broke out into a run across the room.  I curled her into my other side and her hands began to talk to me as soon as she was settled. 

Daddy, you’re still here. 

Yes, princess, I’m still here.  I will always be here for you now. 

I was scared.

Oh, sweetie, don’t be afraid, Daddy is here to protect you and mommy. 

You promise?

Yes, I promise.
***************************************************
We would like to say a big thanks to all the authors that took the time to send us some stuff for their chapters.  If you read it and like it let them know that, make sure to mention that you found it here.  

Happy Reading...

1 comment:

  1. This is so great how much support we got our second time around.

    ReplyDelete