Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Teasers for 9-27-11

Teaser  Sink or Swim by OnesweetBell

“What time is it?”  I asked, wondering if was midnight yet.  We had been laying here on the makeshift floor bed, falling asleep.  I stretched a bit, my muscles stinging a little since I hadn’t had this much activity in a while, but it was a good sting.
“I don’t know.  Look at the clock,” Edward mumbled in a sleepy voice. 
“Oh, did you bring one?”  I looked around for it.  No lights were on but the glow from the fire place gave me enough light.
“Clock!? Clock!”  He shouted as he suddenly sat up and turned his head from side to side.  “Oh shit, no I didn’t bring a clock.  Dam it, where’s my phone?”
“Hum, maybe it’s still in your pants,” I supposed as I lay back down and tried to snuggle back up under the blanket.  It smelled like Edward.  A huge smile played on my face as I thought back to what we had done.
I watched as Edward got up and went looking for his pants.  I think they were still in this room but I couldn’t tell you where they ended up after I had practically ripped them off of him.  The glow of the fire lit up his backside showing off all his nakedness.  I had to bite my tongue so I would moan too loudly.
Oh, my man was just beautiful.
“Oh fuck!  Fuckity, fuck fuck!  Shit dammit!”  He let loose a string of profanities as he quickly put his pants on almost falling over.
“What? Whats wrong?”  I asked in a panic, not knowing what could be wrong.  A scene of family and friends flashed before my eyes, I hoped that they were all okay.
He turned back to me and I saw a panicked look across his face before he quickly changed it to a smile.
Hum, what’s going on?
“Nothings wrong.  I just, um, well, it’s almost midnight. Sorry I didn’t mean to worry you,” he stammered out as he walked back over to me.  Kneeling down and placing a sweet kiss on my lips before he bounced back up.  “I’ll be right back.”
“What?  Where are you going?”  I asked.
“I left something in the car.  Be right back,” he called out over his shoulder, and then I heard the front door open.
“You should put you’re…”  I tried to tell him to put his shoes on because there was still some snow on the ground but I heard him screech before I could get it out.  I chuckled to myself.
A few minutes later Edward came rushing back into the house, mumbling how stupid snow was and now his feet were frozen.
I tried to hold back a giggle but it slipped out.
“What are you laughing at?”  He questioned me.
“You should have put your shoes on, silly,” I laughed out.
I noticed that he had placed a bottle of what looked like champagne on the floor.  I hadn’t seen it the car earlier but then again I was looking for it either.
“Yea, well scoot over cause I’m cold and I need you to warm me up,” he said with an evil looking grin on his face.
OH no, he better not stick his cold feet on me.
“No!  Get away!”  I screamed out and he tried to pull the blankets off of me and crawl back under.
“Come here, baby.”
He pulled my into his arms so fast I didn’t have a chance to move and then I felt his cold feet on my warm legs and screamed out.
“Edward!  That’s not nice, you feet are freezing!  Get them off of me!!”
“Aw baby, but I’m cold.  I need you to warm me up,” he wined as he snuggled up against me.
I couldn’t hold back the shiver that rocked my body.  Just as suddenly as he had grabbed my up, Edward quickly moved back.
“Oh my God, baby.  I’m so sorry,” he exclaimed.  Then he started to rub my arms with his hands briskly.  “That wasn’t the best idea, I’m sorry.”
“Its okay, just keep your feet away until their warmer,” I chuckled trying to convey that I wasn’t upset and I didn’t want him to feel bad.  I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him back to me.
“Okay, I promise no more frozen feet,” he said as he kissed the side of my face.
“So, what in the bottle?” I asked after a few minutes.
Edward unwrapped himself from me and got back up.  Walking over to pick it up and brought it back to me.  He knelt down in front of me.
“Just a little something to ring in the New Year.  I know your still taking your meds but I don’t think a little will hurt.”
“Yum sounds good.”
After Edward got the bottle uncorked, it dawned on me that there were not cups.
“Edward, we don’t have glasses.”
“That’s okay. I don’t mind sharing my spit with you,” he said as he wiggled his eyebrows.
I rolled my eyes at him.  My silly man.
“Happy New Year, Bella.  I hope this year all your dreams come true.”
“Happy New Year, to you too, Edward.  May all your dreams come true, as well.”  I know it was kind of sappy.
As we passed the bottle back a forth a few times, I noticed that Edward was getting a serious look on his face.
“What’s the matter, Edward?”
He set the bottle down and looked into my eyes, smiling oh so sweetly.
“Nothings wrong, my love,” he said as he took one of the many blankets and wrapped it around my shoulders.
I was still naked so it was nice to cover up a bit, not to mention it was starting to get a little chilly since the fire was starting to dwindle.
“I just .. um… I uh… wanted to…”  he stuttered out.  “Shit!  I can’t believe I’m so nervous.”
Nervous?  Why would he be nervous?
“Edward, what’s got you nervous?”



The Lucky Ones by ButterflyBetty
I could feel the tension rolling off of Bella as we made our way back to campus and headed over to the gym. While Missy's story weighed heavily over the both of us, Carlisle's presence at our practice this afternoon was causing both of us to worry. Not because we weren't prepared for him to push us, but the rest of our team had no clue what he would be putting them through. A wry smile slipped over my lips. They'd soon find out. 

By the time they started trickling into the gym, Bella, Missy, and I had already stretched and were working on the speed bags, while Carlisle and Phil discussed the plan for practice. Stopping just outside of the locker rooms, each of them appraised him, before heading in to change. Bella turned back to the bags with a smirk.


The Consequences Behind Secrets by One of Eddie’s Girls

“Bella you have been here for almost six months now. You want to tell me how your feeling? How strong is the desire to cut now compared to how it was when you first arrived?” Inquired Mrs. Cope. Bella was hoping this was the last session she’d ever have to go through again. She was still angry for being forced into treatment, but at least now she knew the reason for it and how to deal with the emotions.
“I won’t deny that the need to feel the pain is not in the back of my mind on a constant, but compared to what it was when I first arrived it’s much less. At least now I have a way to control the need,” Bella hoped that Mrs. Cope understood her meaning. She was anxious to be able to leave. I miss my dad and Sue. Bella thought to herself. I can’t wait to see them again. I just hope that things aren’t too crazy with the wedding. Her thoughts continued causing her to miss the next question that Mrs. Cope made to her.
“Bella did you hear me?” Mrs. Cope asked her after not getting a response to the question about being out in the real world again. Mrs. Cope worried that Bella was not going to be able to cope in the world outside the walls of the rehabilitation center. She knew that once the pressures of everyday life started to bog down on the former patients many were re-admitted for falling into the same patterns as before. The one thing that worried Mrs. Cope the most about Bella’s situation was that the cutting could potentially be the cause to the end of her life. So much like a person dealing with a drug addiction, one wrong move and she could cut a major vain and bleed to death in a matter of minutes.
“I’m sorry Mrs. Cope I was thinking of my family and about the wedding. I was thinking how scared I am that things will be crazy with all the excitement going on around me. I haven’t really spoken to my family since I was admitted with the exception of the family days my dad and Sue came up for. Also the thought of seeing Jake again after what he did, the thought of seeing him is scary. I don’t know if I can get myself to trust him again. He was supposed to be my best friend, the one person I could count on, the one person I could completely confide in, but then he goes and just betrays me like that,” the hurt and anger for the deception was still fresh in Bella’s heart. The one person she thought she could always count on was the person who isolated her the most. Him telling Charlie and Sue about Bella’s cutting addiction was like a big slap to her face.
******TCBS*****
“I can’t keep doing this!” Tanya yelled at her boss. She was tired of the brusque treatment of the man she worked for. Tanya possessed enough experience to not have to continue dealing with the crude words he constantly hurled at her. The final straw was him calling her incompetent. In her forty years of life that was something that she’d never been described as. She took great pride in how good she was at what she did. Just because I’m blond that does not make me stupid. She’d always felt offended by that stereotype.
“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?” her boss bellowed at her proclamation. She didn’t have anything she could complain about in his opinion. She wasn’t required to do a lot. All he really demanded was that she worked as close to perfection as possible. His profession as a lawyer not only required it but could be a determining factor one way or another in court. One misplaced, misspelled word or incorrect phrasing could change the contract and ultimate decision all together.
“It means that you are a reprehensible human being - and I used that term lightly- and I QUIT!” Tanya turned, and walked out of his office slamming the door.
She quickly walked over to the desk and placed her remaining personal possessions in the bag she usually brought her lunch in. She could hear him in his office, cursing and throwing things around, but, sadly, couldn't find it in her to care anymore.
As soon as Edward finished having his temper tantrum, he picked up the phone and quickly dialed the number of the only person who gave in to his every whim. He knew she would be willing to lend a hand, if only to placate him. He was due in court in a couple of hours. Unfortunately he couldn’t leave the office unattended.
*****TCBS*****
This story will begin to post Oct. 1st. and it will post every two weeks.

Taken In The Night by Sheviking


“I know what you’re doing,” she said and crossed her arms. “You think I haven’t noticed that you don’t tell me anything about yourself? Why is that?”
“I…I don’t like to talk about myself. I’d rather know more about you,” I told her, honestly.
“You know plenty!” she accused. “I don’t know shit about you and it’s not fair!”
I nodded because she was right, of course. I had been keeping things from her but it wasn’t because I was wanted to lie to her. There were things about me that I didn’t want her to know."

No comments:

Post a Comment